The city we belong to and the one we live in inherently become a part of our personalities. But how well do we know these urban settings and the iconic architecture that give them the character we fall in love with?
In this quiz, we are going to cover 7 major cities and their architectural landmarks – Mumbai, Delhi, Pune, Kolkata, Ahmedabad, Chennai, and Bengaluru!
1. Which of these monuments has an architecture style similar to Victoria Memorial?
A) Taj Mahal B) Nakhoda Mosque C) Saheed Minar D) Indian Museum
2. In which Kolkata mosque can one find the imitation of Fatehpur Sikri’s Buland Darwaza?
A) Tipu Sultan Mosque B) Rajabazar Burri Masjid C) Nakhoda Mosque D) Masjid-e-Mohammadi
3. Which architectural style can be seen in Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus?
A) Italian Gothic B) Neo-classical C) Renaissance D) Tudor
4. The Indo-Saracenic Style seen in the Taj Mahal Palace in Mumbai can be spotted in which of these landmarks?
A) Gateway of India B) Bombay High Court C) Prince of Wales Museum D) The Town Hall
5. Which of these caves are well known specimens of Indian rock-cut architecture?
A) Khajuraho B) Ajanta-Ellora C) Hampi D) Sanchi
6. The Teen Darwaza of Ahmedabad is the entrance to which fort?
A) Junagadh Fort B) Kaligam Fort C) Bhadra Fort D) Manek Burj
7. Identify this Bangalore landmark?
A) Mayo Hall B) Summer Palace C) Bangalore Fort D) Bangalore Palace
8. Which architectural style can be seen used in the State Central Library, Bangalore?
A) Gothic B) Tudor C) Victorian D) Indo-Saracenic
9. Identify this Chennai landmark?
A) Anna Memorial B) Karl Schmidt Memorial C) Ripon Building D) Doveton House
10. Identify this Chennai landmark?
A) Lotus Building B) MGR Memorial C) French War Memorial D) Vivekananda House
11. Which Mughal Emperor’s tomb was the inspiration for the Taj Mahal?
A) Akbar B) Babur C) Humayun D) Jahangir
12. The existing Qutub Minar was last built by which Delhi Sultanate ruler?
A) Iltutmish B) Qutub-uddin C) Mohammed Bin Tughlaq D) Firoz Shah Tughlaq
Share your answers in the comments below to find out if you truly know India’s architectural landmarks.